Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bootcamp Bitchcamp

Got my ass handed to me in bootcamp tonight.  We had a sub and I think she was trying to prove herself because she beat us to a pulp.  Ugh.  I wasn't that pleased about it, so now I'm revolting by having pepperoni pizza and drinking a beer.

And I don't know what's up with Pilates, but even after doing everything in modified position yesterday I still woke up this morning with sore triceps.  Please tell me that after 10 months of 2x/week bootcamp I don't get sore triceps from lifting an exercise ball over my head a few times.  Holy shitballs, what is going on with me lately?!  I have one bad run and everything goes all to hell!

The one good thing is that I now have a dedicated partner to run the half marathon with in May and we've agreed to run/walk it in intervals together.  So I've now switched gears completely and have researched all into doing the run/walk interval combo.  This is a real thing!  There are whole training plans on it!  Who knew?  I always figured you HAD to run non-stop or you were cheating.  But apparently, a lot of dedicated runners use this technique.  Had I ever known this, I would have been a runner a long time ago! This is like literally blowing my mind.  I'd love to go back to freshman/sophomore cross-country team (I quit after 2 years in HS - F-ing hated running!) and tell Mr. Gilman, "Yeah I think I'm going to do run 4 min/walk 1 min intervals at States this year and there's nothing you can do about it!"  And I'd probably have a PR!

Anyway, I'm in a super foul mood tonight after that bootcamp session, but also because my GD iPhone crapped the bed on me, and I'm going to have to try to sort that out tomorrow.  Really not looking forward to taking the boys into the Apple Store without reinforcements (i.e. Daddy).  Oh well, at least I'll get to try out my new Sit 'n Stand stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment